Helpful Links from the CDC
- Household Checklist: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/checklist-household-ready.html
- Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
- Caring For Children: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/children.html
- Get Your Household Ready: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/get-your-household-ready-for-COVID-19.html
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Home: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/disinfecting-your-home.htm
How we are preventing the spread
Baby Love Shop is a small online business ran by a small staff. We’ve reviewed the CDC recommendations to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We’ve taken the following precautions when handling your packages.
- All our merchandise has been moved to a well ventilated single storage room with access to limited staff.
- We wear masks and gloves when packaging your items.
- We’ve encourage our staff to stay home whenever they feel sick.
- We are constantly reviewing the CDC’s recommendations.
- We are extending our return policy from 14 days to 28 days.
As you may be aware, once your packages leave Baby Love Shop, these may be handled by multiple companies / people.
We’ve compiled some tips to help you prevent the the spread of COVID-19.
We advise you to read “How COVID-19 Spreads” from the CDC:
The virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly from person to person, mainly through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/how-covid-spreads.html
Current evidence suggests that SARS-CoV-2 may remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials. Cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses in households and community settings.https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cleaning-disinfection.html
Can my package be infected with COVID-19
While there are no concrete details from the CDC as of the time we wrote this notice, we’ve found some information that may help you.
New research from the NIH—so new that it’s not yet peer-reviewed—shows that COVID-19 lives for 24 hours on cardboard and 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel. This is great news for nonperishable deliveries. It means that if you simply let cardboard-packaged items sit for 24 hours before you touch them, and plastic packaging sit for 72 hours, you are safe.https://www.fastcompany.com/90478306/this-is-how-to-safely-receive-packages-and-deliveries-during-the-coronavirus
Bonus points for having the delivery left at your door—ideally for 3 hours—which negates the possibility of accidental airborne transmission. The same study finds that COVID-19 lives for 3 hours as an aerosol.https://www.fastcompany.com/90478306/this-is-how-to-safely-receive-packages-and-deliveries-during-the-coronavirus
We’ve gather that it’s ideal to let our packages sit for 72 hours (3 days) from the day of delivery. For this reason, we’ve extended our return policy to 28 days.
Please do your own research on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are doing our best to be informed, but as you may be aware, information is changing constantly.
If you have any questions on how we are handling your order, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope this was helpful. Please stay safe. We will all get through this.